Internship 6 months
Who we are as a company:
Havr is a French tech company that is domestic leader in the fast-growing sector of smart access.
Key- or card-based access management systems are a major headache to manage on a human, technical and financial level. Which explains why the smart access marketplace is set to grow to beyond $50b by 2025.
Havr's flagship Brightlock product is a flexible, secure and powerful solution for smart access applications in a B2B environment. It's the only smartlock out there to combine enterprise-strength scalability with a simple, intuitive, consumer-grade user experience. Our competitors range from flexible but vulnerable technologies like Bluetooth to highly secure but restrictive and expensive biometric systems. Brightlock sidesteps this trade-off with its own unique, proprietary Li-Fi technology. With Li-Fi, Brightlock generates and shares in real time unique light signals that any user's smartphone flash can use to unlock doors quickly, easily and in complete security.
Created in 2017, Havr now has 20+ team members in offices in Paris and Compiègne (northern France). Brightlock is already in use or being evaluated by more than 20 blue-chip organisations and to date we have sold more than 4 000 units.
Looking further ahead, Havr has a vision of its smart access solutions as the cornerstone of a new era of frictionless living. We dream of a tomorrow where access to shared spaces and facilities, movement of goods and the new smart service economy will all be more flexible, more connected and more secure thanks to the technology, partnerships and new business models we are working to build today.
Find out more at www.havr.io
As a student in computer systems and network engineering, you will be with us to analyse our IT infrastructure tools and offer creative suggestions on how we can improve our processes. Following that study, you'll propose and implement a flexible computer network architecture adapted to the needs of HAVR in terms of communication, storage, traceability, availability, and security. This will need to incorporate long term vision and planning to ensure the ongoing security and resilience of our IT ecosystem.
If you have time, you will also be involved in the development of internal tools to effectively improve daily tasks related to HAVR's data handling.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To offer an in-depth analysis of HAVR's architectural needs, and of the potential technological solutions that can be implemented. Based on this you will propose recommendations.
- To setup and develop the recommendations mentioned in the analysis.
- To ensure the scalability, maintainability and modularity of the systems.
- To setup monitoring tools to get live statuses.
- To interface with the existing tools used by the company.
- To document, transfer skills and train the team on how to use deployed solutions and to train on good practices in IT security.
Some of the skills we're looking for:
- Knowledge in computer systems (Linux, firewall, NAS) and networks (LAN, VLAN, OSI, DNS, DHCP, ...)
- RESTful API
- VCS (git)
- CI/CD (gitlab, jenkins or CircleCI)
- Monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus)
- English proficiency
- Web servers: nginx, apache
- Cloud providers: OVH, AWS, Heroku, GCloud
- Knowledge in WiFi protocols
- Cybersecurity basics
If you don't have all the above skills, no worries. You are here to learn and will be able to pick up some of them whilst you are with us.
Our key words are self-transcendence, exploration and autonomy. If you like challenges, and if you are curious by nature, that you have a great sense of listening and reactivity you are the person you are looking for.
If you have a great interest in new technologies and entrepreneurship, if you want to join a growing company and make your own contribution to its evolution, contact us!